- Inset sessions
- Online CPD
- Project resources
- Sussex teacher scholar resources
- Roehampton MA resources
- Transatlantic Teachers resources 2011
- Witnessing the African Slave Trade
- What does a slave rebellion look like?
- Was 1807 really the end of the slave trade?
- Remembering victims of the slave trade
- Lick and lock up done wid
- How proud can Britain be?
- How powerful were slaves?
- How important were Africans to the Atlantic slave trade?
- Childhood slavery in North Africa
- 3 doors into 33,000 voyages
Remembering victims of the slave trade
This lesson sequence for year 9 students was written by Lauren Winters from St Robert of Newminster Catholic School in Washington, Tyne & Wear.
Overall enquiry question
How should we remember the victims of the slave trade?
- To use evidence to understand the slaves and create a monument to immortalise them
Lesson plans (PDF, 0.08Mb)
Powerpoints and documents (ZIP, 3.44Mb)
Teacher's notes (PDF, 0.74Mb)
Contextual essay (PDF, 0.01Mb)
This page contains PDF, ZIP files. See plug-ins and file formats for help in accessing these file types.