For visitors to the exhibition who would like to know more about the ceramic proprietors of the designs in the exhibition, we have included the following select bibliography. This comprises books specific to the major manufacturers as well as more general works of reference. Those interested in the many small to medium sized companies will find the following three books particularly helpful - RK Henrywood on the Staffordshire Potters, Geoffrey Godden's Encyclopaedia of British ceramic marks and the same author's edition of LLewellynn Jewitt's Ceramic Art.
- JP Cushion, Pocket Book of British Ceramic Marks, (including Index to Registered Designs 1842-83). Faber and Faber Limited, London, 1959. Third enlarged edition Faber and Faber 1976.
- Richard K Degenhardt, Belleek, The Complete Collector's Guide and Illustrated Reference. Second Edition Wallace-Homestead Book Company, Radnor, Pennsylvania, USA 1993.
- Audrey M Dudson, Dudson, A Family of Potters since 1800. Dudson Publications, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, 1985.
- Geoffrey A Godden, Encyclopaedia of British Pottery and Porcelain Marks. Herbert Jenkins, London, 1964. Reprint Barrie & Jenkins 1979.
- Geoffrey A Godden, Jewitt's Ceramic Art of Great Britain 1800-1900, a revised and expanded edition of those parts of The Ceramic Art of Great Britain by Llewellynn Jewitt, F.S.A. dealing with the nineteenth century. Barrie & Jenkins, London, 1972.
- Geoffrey A Godden, Ironstone Stone & Granite Wares. Antique Collectors' Club, Woodbridge, Suffolk, 1999.
- Geoffrey A Godden, New Handbook of British Pottery & Porcelain Marks. Herbert Jenkins, London, 1968. Second Edition, revised and enlarged, Barrie & Jenkins 1999.
- Geoffrey A Godden, Staffordshire Porcelain. Granada Publishing Limited, St. Albans, 1983.
- RK Henrywood, Relief Moulded Jugs 1820-1900. Antique Collectors' Club, Woodbridge, Suffolk, 1984.
- RK Henrywood, Staffordshire Potters 1781-1900, A Comprehensive List Assembled from all known Contemporary Directories with Selected Marks . Antique Collectors' Club, Woodbridge, Suffolk, 2002.
- Llewellynn Jewitt, The Ceramic Art of Great Britain from pre-historic times down to the present day. Virtue and Co., London, 1878.
- Joan Jones, Minton, The First Two Hundred Years of Design & Production. Swann Hill Press, Shrewsbury, 1993.
- Harry Lyons, Christopher Dresser, The People's Designer 1834 – 1904. Antique Collectors' Club, Woodbridge, Suffolk, 2005.
- Tim H Peake, William Brownfield and Son(s): 1837-1900, An illustrated guide to Brownfield wares 1837-1900. T.H. PEAKE 1995.
- Henry Sandon, Royal Worcester Porcelain from 1862 to the Present Day. Barrie & Jenkins Ltd., London, 1973. Special edition by The Collectors' Book Club, Cirencester, 1974.
- Peter Williams, Wedgwood, A Collector's Guide. The Apple Press, London, 1992.