- Archiving the arts
- Digitisation consortium
- Discovery: finding archives and their collections
- Explore Your Archive
- First World War and archives
- Fundraising for archives
- London 2012
- Volunteering research project
- 20-year rule and records of local interest
- Manorial Documents Register
- Transforming Archives
- The Higher Education Archive Programme
Transforming Archives is part of the Heritage Lottery Fund Skills for the Future programme and will provide 37 paid traineeships for people new to the sector over a three year period in England. The year-long traineeships provide an introduction to archives, training and on the job development in specific gap areas:
- digital preservation
- outreach and engagement
- collection development
- traditional skills (including palaeography and Latin)
Trainees are hosted by a range of archive services who are investing time and resources to share their knowledge and expertise in these specialisms more widely. Our host partners are:
- Archives +
- Peterborough Archives
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies
- Rambert Archive
- Gloucestershire Archives
- St George's Chapel Archives
- Hull History Centre
- Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
- UCL Institute of Education
- Wigan Archives and Local Studies
- London Metropolitan Archives
- Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre
- Norfolk Record Office
You can find out about the progress our trainees to date through their blog posts and more blogs will be posted over the next few months so keep checking back to find out more. You can also follow @TransformingArc.
We are now starting the recruitment process for our next cohort of trainees who will start in October 2016. We are looking for people who can bring passion, energy and talent to their traineeship and you do not need to have an archive qualification or experience of the archive sector. We're not looking for the finished product - you need to tell us what you can bring to the archive sector and how you will develop through the traineeship. You can find out some tips about making a good application here.
This is a fantastic opportunity - apply now.
If you are looking for pre-course experience or other graduate opportunities in the archive sector the following links may be of interest:
Transforming Archives aims to
- Diversify the archives workforce
- Address gaps in the skills available in the archives available workforce
- Provide new routes into working in the sector
Transforming Archives builds on the successful Opening Up Archives programme.
For more information contact Emma Stagg, Transforming Archives Project Manager Archives Sector Development team.