- Archiving the arts
- Digitisation consortium
- Discovery: finding archives and their collections
- Explore Your Archive
- First World War and archives
- Fundraising for archives
- London 2012
- Volunteering research project
- 20-year rule and records of local interest
- Manorial Documents Register
- Transforming Archives
- The Higher Education Archive Programme
Transforming Archives is part of the Heritage Lottery Fund Skills for the Future programme and will provide 36 paid traineeships for people new to the sector over a three year period in England. The year-long traineeships will provide an introduction to archives, training and on the job development in specific areas. These areas are:
- digital preservation
- outreach and engagement
- collection development
- traditional skills (including palaeography and Latin)
Transforming Archives aims to diversify and address gaps in the skills available in the archives workforce, and provide new routes into working in the sector. It builds on the successful Opening Up Archives programme.
Our first cohort of trainees started in October 2014, and you can read about their progress through a series of blogposts appearing over the next few months.
Applications for our second cohort of trainees have now closed. We will be recruiting for our next cohort of trainees from May 2016.
Trainees are hosted by a range of archive services who are investing time and resources to share their knowledge and expertise in these specialisms more widely. Our host partners are:
- Archives +
- Peterborough Archives
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies
- Rambert Archive
- Gloucestershire Archives
- St George's Chapel Archives
- Hull History Centre
- Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
- UCL Institute of Education
- Wigan Archives and Local Studies
- London Metropolitan Archives
- Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre
- Norfolk Record Office
Our first cohort of trainees started in October 2014, and you can read about their progress through a series of blog posts that will be posted over the next few months.
Other graduate opportunities in the archive sector include:
Contact the Archives Sector Development team for more information about the scheme.