It’s worth spending time identifying potential donors, and thinking about where you might find them, what your organisation has to offer and how you might begin a dialogue with them. It’s also worth identifying any barriers to fundraising and what you can do to overcome them.
This presentation will help you identify realistic prospects and prepare you to begin a constructive dialogue with prospective donors. It covers:
- ensuring you have a system/database to record donor details safely and accurately
- types of individual giving
- donor motivations and how to cultivate relationships
- communicating – including active listening
- critical milestones for bringing your fundraising ambitions to life
- where to find searchable sources for fundraisers
There is a range of linked templates to help you organise your approach:
- template for recording Corporate Prospect Partner Research
- template for recording Individual Prospect Partner Research
- template for mapping milestones mapping template
You can also read about how London Metropolitan Archives (LMA) developed a relationship with Standard Chartered Bank which led to a two and a half year funding agreement.