Who should apply?
Applications to the Networks for Change Fund can come from all parts of the archive sector including local authority, university, charity, and business archives, as long as the following eligibility criteria can be met:
- Network members must hold and manage an archive collection
- Network members must make their collections accessible to people outside their organisation
- Network members must have access to professional archive expertise
- The majority of participating organisations must have the potential to be an Accredited Archive Service, if they are not already
- New networks must provide evidence that participating archives have the support of senior management in their parent organisations
- The application must include provision for 50% match funding from other sources in cash or in-kind support (which can be spread over two years)
- A nominated member must have the ability to receive and manage the grant and match funds, and to meet auditing and reporting requirements
- A nominated member must have the ability to procure and contract expert facilitators and consultants
- A nominated member must have the ability to provide administrative duties for the network, including preparation of meeting papers and organisation of meetings
- This fund can only make awards to organisations based in England. Archive services in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are not currently eligible for the Collaborate and Innovate programme.
How to apply
A nominated member of the network should make the application on behalf of the network using our online application system. To submit a Networks for Change Fund application please:
- Refer to the Networks for Change Fund FAQ document (PDF, 0.47MB)
- Read the Networks for Change Fund application guidance document (PDF, 0.2MB)
- Complete the online application form
If you have any questions that aren’t answered by the FAQ document or application guidance, please contact us at email@example.com.