We can provide advice and support to help you apply to either of our cataloguing or scoping grant funding strands.
We can also assist with fundraising more generally. This additional support includes:
- advice and guidance
- e-learning modules on fundraising
- links to fundraising resources
- links to further development support from The National Archives
Our online courses allow you to undertake fundraising training anywhere in the UK. These training courses are part of the Fundraising for Archives programme which ran from 2016 to 2017 and was funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
Video tutorials and step-by-step guidance introduce you to the topic and guide you through online activities that will enable you to put your learning into practice and tailor it to your archive service.
In 2017, we ran two workshops on the Archives Revealed programme, providing:
- an overview of the programme
- details on how to undertake a significance assessment and show evidence of need for cataloguing
These skills will be helpful in completing a phase 1 application. Videos from the workshops are available to assist applicants to the Archives Revealed programme, and archives more generally:
- How to conduct a significance assessment and write a significance statement
- Providing evidence of the need for a collection to be catalogued
You may find the following resources provided by The National Archives useful in your fundraising activities:
- Crafting a compelling case for support (PDF, 0.16 MB)
- Bid writing top tips (PDF, 0.13 MB)
- What to include in your budget (PDF, 0.1 MB)
- Finding other funders
The Archives Revealed programme is part of the Archive Sector Development team at The National Archives. The team can provide you with help and advice with a variety of activities and programmes to assist you develop your archive service:
- Archive Service Accreditation
- Managing your collection
- 20-year rule team
- Regional and Archive Networks Team
We are happy to respond to your questions and provide additional help where we can, as well as point you in the direction of others who can support you and your archive.
Archives Revealed is a relatively new scheme: we are keen to hear your thoughts on the application process and the information we have provided. Please email any feedback to email@example.com