The application process
Archives Revealed has a two-phase application process:
- Phase 1 – expression of interest
- Phase 2 – full application
In Phase 1, applicants outline their proposed cataloguing project and express how projects contribute to the overall vision and aims of the Archives Revealed programme. Phase 1 is also a chance to check an applicant’s eligibility and explore any other potential issues. On average, 30-35% of Phase 1 applications are invited to Phase 2, which is usually between 16 and 20 applicants.
In Phase 2, applicants provide a more detailed outline of their proposed cataloguing project. The full application will cover:
- how the project fits into your organisation’s strategic plan
- the significance and use of the collection
- your approach to cataloguing
- the impact that the cataloguing project will have on audiences
You can find out more about how we assess applications at each phase on our ‘assessment process‘ webpage.
Deadlines and key dates
Deadline for Phase 1 applications: 13 December 2021
Successful Phase 1 applicants invited to submit a Phase 2 application: mid-February 2022
Deadline for Phase 2 applications: 22 April 2022
We are looking forward to talking to applicants from all types of archives about their proposed cataloguing projects. To discuss your application ideas or the ways we can help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply?
To apply for a cataloguing grant, please follow the steps below:
- Check your eligibility to apply on our ‘about the grants’ webpage
- Contact us at email@example.com for a chat about your project
- After this pre-application discussion, we will send you a link to our online application system
- Complete the application using the question-by-question guidance on our ‘help with your application’ webpage
If you have any programme enquiries, including about eligibility, please get in touch.