Newly accredited archive services
The Archive Service Accreditation Committee, responsible for the award of Accreditation, is pleased to announce that the following archive services have been awarded accredited status:
- Rotherham Archives and Local Studies Service
- Royal College of Physicians of London Archive
- Suffolk Record Office
- The Postal Museum: the Royal Mail Archive
- Wirral Archives Service
The Committee has also agreed the following archive services should retain Archive Service Accreditation after completing their post-award review:
- University of Edinburgh, Centre for Research Collections
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies
- Oxfordshire History Centre
- Pembrokeshire Archives and Local Studies
- Peterborough Local Studies and Archives
- Rambert Archives
- Royal Bank of Scotland Archives
- Sheffield City Archives
All accredited archive services must demonstrate the continuing development of their service around the management and care of their collections and the provision of access to their collections.
A list of accredited archive service is available here.
Archive Sector Accreditation is supported by a partnership of the Archives and Records Association (UK), Archives and Records Council Wales, National Records of Scotland, Public Record Office of Northern Ireland, Scottish Council on Archives, The National Archives and the Welsh Government through its Museums, Archives and Libraries Wales division.
Tags: Archive Accreditation, archive sector, archive services, awards