Reading room services suspended until further notice
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement of plans to ease lockdown across England, we are seeking clarification on what this means for archives and our plans for re-opening. Once we have this we’ll share more details.
In the meantime, our reading room services remain suspended.
Some of our online services that rely on staff having access to our building and collections are suspended until further notice, including record copying and paid search. New visitor bookings are temporarily suspended until we are able to open our reading rooms again.
Please note that our Freedom of Information services are also affected.
Most of our online services are unaffected however and will continue as normal:
- Our website, including research guides, blogs, podcasts and online exhibitions
- Discovery, our online catalogue and digital home of our collections, with free access to digital records
- Online education sessions and resources, and activities for families
- Full online events programme, including talks and webinars
- Our online shop, offering a huge selection of books and gifts.