GP Surgery Accounts

FOI request reference: F0044064
Publication date: December 2015


Dear Sir

Under The Freedom of Information Act 2000 do I have the right to request of copy of my employer’s accounts (GP Surgery) when changes are being made to our contracts on the basis that the Practice is struggling, even though it is said to be one of the highest earning Practices within the CCG.  It seems to me that without actual figures to back up this statement (which we have not been provided with), as an Employee, do I not have the right to challenge the situation?

Many thanks


Information not held/advice given

Thank you for your enquiry of 26 November 2015

Your request is asking for an opinion and advice. A valid request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (The Act) is a request for recorded information and the Act only extends to requests for recorded information. I can confirm that The National Archives does not hold any recorded information relevant to your request.

We are unable to assist you further in this matter as our function is to oversee the publication of legislation; we do not make legislation, nor do we have the legal expertise to advise you on this subject.

The following organisations may be better placed to support you:

  • The Information Commissioner’s Office has guidance on making FOI requests including request to public bodies:
  • The Citizens Advice Service ( in England and Wales helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free information and advice. There are also Citizens Advice Services for Scotland ( and Northern Ireland (
  • Advicenow ( is an independent, not-for-profit website providing accurate, up-to-date information on rights and legal issues in England and Wales.
  • Law Centres ( provide an independent legal advice and representation service across the UK.
  • The Law Society ( represents solicitors in England and Wales and provides information on finding a Solicitor.
  • The Solicitors Regulation Authority ( regulates solicitors in England and Wales and provides information on what to expect when using a solicitor.
  • The Legal Ombudsman ( has formal powers to resolve complaints about lawyers and solicitors.
  • The Law Society of Scotland ( represents and regulates solicitors in Scotland and can help you find a solicitor in Scotland.
  • The Law Society of Northern Ireland ( represents and regulates solicitors in Northern Ireland and can help you find a solicitor in Northern Ireland.

We hope this has been of assistance.

If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of this response please refer to this page of our website for information about complaint procedures:

Yours sincerely,

FOI Assessor
Freedom of Information Centre
Transfer and Access Department
The National Archives