Some information provided.
Request and response
1) In last 2 years has your organisation used external recruitment agencies to hire for permanent or contract roles?
2) In list format what are the five highest paid external recruitment agencies with the total amount paid in the last 2 years?
During the 2018/2019 financial year, payments were made to one recruitment agency:
- Michael Page International, total expenditure £3,825
During the 2019/2020 financial year, payments were made to four recruitment agencies:
- Michael Page International, total expenditure £7,012.50
- RecWorks Ltd., total expenditure £15,750
- Avanti Recruitment Ltd., total expenditure £12,000
- Spring Technology Staffing, total expenditure £3,100
3) What is the fee structure charged for the five highest paid vacancies by the above five external recruitment agencies and the roles that were hired for? Example: Office Manager – Salary £20,000 Fees paid 15% of salary = Total recruitment fees paid £3000.
Please note that role titles have been withheld under section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 as the information may identify the salaries of identifiable individuals. Further information on section 40(2) can be found in the Explanatory Annex below).
- Role 1 – Salary £60,000, Fees Paid 20% (£12,000)
- Role 2 – Salary £60,000, Fees Paid 15% (£9,000)
- Role 3 – Salary £45,000, Fees Paid 15% (£6,750)
- Role 4 – Salary £35,000, Fees Paid 10% (£3,500)
- Role 5 – Salary not recorded, Fees Paid £10,837.50, % not recorded
4) For the coming year what live vacancies does the organisation currently have for permanent or contract roles, please list these vacancies with the following;
- Current or future positions and an exact salary figure
IT Data Analyst £29k – £34k
Collections Engagement Officer – Digital Projects £28,040
Senior Software Developer – £46,981 – £51,981 (including £5,000 market supplement)
- What type of positions are they? (Contract or Permanent)
All are permanent positions
- Who is the hiring manager, please provide their full details: Full name, Telephone number, Email, Job Title and Department
Details of hiring managers have been withheld under section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Further information on section 40(2) can be found in the Explanatory Annex below).
5) On which websites are these jobs advertised? Please clearly provide a link/list to where these jobs are advertised.
All are advertised on CS Jobs, Indeed, NMDC, TNA LinkedIn and Twitter.
6) What is the process to selecting new recruitment agencies? Please provide the procurement process for selecting new recruitment agencies and what date is this conducted and by whom? Please provide full contact details.
As we use recruitment agencies only occasionally, we do not have a set process for selecting recruitment agencies and address this subject on a case-by-case basis depending on the nature of each role.
The contact for queries regarding selection of agencies is Darren Austin, Head of Procurement, Project Delivery and Contract Management.
Email – Darren.Austin@nationalarchives.gov.uk.
Tel – 020 3908 9023.
7) Is there a purchase threshold below which allows the organisation to use external recruitment agencies which are not on any preferred supplier arrangements or contracts without going through a formal tender process?
Our standard threshold is £10,000.
Section 40(2): Personal Information where the applicant is not the data subject
The Data Protection Legislation prevents personal information from release if it would be unfair or at odds with the reason why it was collected, or where the subject had officially served notice that releasing it would cause them damage or distress.
In this case the exemption applies because the information would identify junior members of staff and the details of salaries received by identifiable individuals.
Further guidance can be found at: