Records and documents in archive collections are often delicate and fragile. Due to the physical nature of digitisation there is a risk that, if not managed appropriately, document condition could worsen.
Managed by a professionally accredited conservation manager, our team of qualified paper and book conservators is skilled in stabilising and conserving records.
The benefits of conservation in a digitisation project include the following:
- protects and stabilises documents, allowing them to be digitised
- allows more efficient image capture as documents are more robust
- reveals text that has previously been illegible due to damage/folds/dirt
- achieves optimum image quality
- reduces reputational risk to the organisation