- Opening times and closure dates
- Where to find us
- Before you visit
- When you arrive
- Disabled access
- Group visits
- What's on at The National Archives
- What's on elsewhere
What's on at The National Archives
If you are unable to visit The National Archives, most of our talks are available as podcasts.
You can also find information on events and talks we are involved in on our What's on elsewhere page.
You will need to pre-book our events, whether paid or unpaid.
We offer a range of document displays in our Keeper’s Gallery and other places on site, such as our reading rooms. These often tie in with other talks and events we run around anniversaries, as listed below.
Read our blog for more information on the displays in The Keeper's Gallery.
We also offer free highlights tours of the gallery twice a month - see our Keeper's Gallery page for more details.
- Tuesday 14 July 2015 Talk: Barbara Hepworth: life and selected archives Free event
- Wednesday 15 July 2015 Writer of the month: Dan Jones - The Hollow Crown Paid event
- Thursday 16 July 2015 User forum Free event
- Tuesday 4 August 2015 Family event: Artist in the Archive: create a sculpture inspired by Barbara Hepworth Free event
- Thursday 6 August 2015 Talk: Samuel Holland's map Free event
- Tuesday 11 August 2015 Talk: First Lady: the life and wars of Clementine Churchill Free event
- Wednesday 19 August 2015 Writer of the month: Peter Doggett: Electric Shock Paid event
- Friday 21 August 2015 Webinar: Archives and the arts: the Festival of Britain Free event
- Tuesday 25 August 2015 Webinar: Missing from the census? Free event
- Thursday 3 September 2015 Talk: Kew Lives: reconstructing the past Free event
- Friday 4 September 2015 Talk and display: 1715 - The great Jacobite rebellion Free event
- Tuesday 8 September 2015 Talk: 'Over the Top; a foul, a blurry foul': the first football charge of the First World War Free event
- Thursday 10 September 2015 Webinar: Tracing Jacobites at The National Archive Free event
- Monday 14 September 2015 Webinar: How to find your First World War military ancestors Free event
- Thursday 17 September 2015 Talk: The Battle of Britain: sources in The National Archives Free event
- Wednesday 23 September 2015 Writer of the month: Suzannah Lipscomb: A journey through Tudor England Paid event
Events for students
The education service runs workshops and events for school pupils and students, from key stage 1 through to undergraduates.
The postgraduate archival skills training (PAST) programme offers introduction days and document workshops to postgraduate students undertaking research using our collections.