- Opening times and closure dates
- Where to find us
- Before you visit
- When you arrive
- Disabled access
- Group visits
- What's on at The National Archives
- What's on elsewhere
What's on at The National Archives
We hold a range of exhibitions and events, from free public talks on records of interest, to training courses for archivists and academics.
If you are unable to visit The National Archives, most of our talks are available as podcasts.
You can also find information on events and talks we are involved in on our What's on elsewhere page.
You will need to pre-book our events, whether paid or unpaid.
We offer a range of document displays in our Keeper’s Gallery and other places on site, such as our reading rooms. These often tie in with other talks and events we run around anniversaries, as listed below.
Read our blog for more behind-the-scenes information on The Keeper's Gallery.
- Thursday 2 April 2015 Family event - Making posters for the Second World War Free event
- Tuesday 7 April 2015 Webinar - Using Discovery, The National Archives' online catalogue Free event
- Tuesday 7 April 2015 Talk: 'Portillo's State Secrets': behind the scenes Free event
- Thursday 9 April 2015 Talk and exhibition - England's immigrants 1330-1550: resident aliens in late Medieval England Free event
- Wednesday 15 April 2015 Writer of the month - Adam Nicolson: Wordsworth's and Coleridge's year together in Somerset, 1797-1798 Paid event
- Thursday 16 April 2015 Talk - First World War: Remembrance image project Free event
- Friday 24 April 2015 User forum Free event
- Wednesday 13 May 2015 Writer of the month - Alison Weir: The Marriage Game Paid event
- Friday 8 May 2015 Talk and exhibition - Illustrating victory: propaganda from the Second World War Free event
- Friday 15 May 2015 Late event - Archives at Night Paid event
- Tuesday 19 May 2015 Talk - Dunkirk: from disaster to deliverance Free event
- Tuesday 26 May 2015 Talk - 'The Germans Are Here!' London’s first Zeppelin raid Free event
- Thursday 28 May 2015 Family event - Magna Carta - Sealing an agreement Free event
- Wednesday 3 June 2015 Writer of the month - Richard Evans: The Third Reich in History and Memory Paid event
- Tuesday 16 June 2015 Talk and discussion - Magna Carta, Liberteas event Free event
- Tuesday 23 June 2015 Talk and discussion - Magna Carta: What's so 'great' about the charter Free event
- Tuesday 23 June 2015 Talk - Waterloo men: the records of Wellington’s Waterloo Army Free event
Events for students
The education service runs workshops and events for school pupils and students, from key stage 1 through to undergraduates.
The postgraduate archival skills training (PAST) programme offers introduction days and document workshops to postgraduate students undertaking research using our collections.