- Opening times and closure dates
- Where to find us
- Before you visit
- When you arrive
- Disabled access
- Group visits
- Events at The National Archives
- Events elsewhere
Events at The National Archives
We hold a range of events, from free public talks on records of interest, to training courses for archivists and academics.
If you are unable to visit The National Archives, most of our talks are available as podcasts.
You can also find information on events and talks we are involved in on our Events elsewhere page.
Calendar of events at The National Archives
- 05 December 2013Parish destruction and disruption: the arrival of the railway Free event
- 06 December 2013Getting Started in Digital PreservationFULLY BOOKED
- 10 December 2013Writer of the month: Human Woes - Researching Violence and Pain in the Archives by Joanna BourkeFree event
- 12 December 2013Hidden treasures? Uncovering maps among the files of governmentFree event
- 17 December 2013User forumFree event
- 20 January 2014Webinar: Using Discovery, The National Archives' online catalogueFree event
- 13 February 2014Webinar: Army musters - more than just accountsFree event
- 12 March 2014Webinar: An introduction to emigration sources for family historiansFree event
- 08 April 2014Webinar: An introduction to medieval and early modern sources for family historiansFree event
- 12 May 2014Webinar: Why did people fear the Victorian workhouse?Free event
- 11 June 2014Webinar: Tracing British battalions or regiments during the First World WarFree event
Events for students
The education service runs workshops and events for school pupils and students, from key stage 1 through to undergraduates.