- Opening times and closure dates
- Where to find us
- Before you visit
- When you arrive
- Disabled access
- Group visits
- What's on at The National Archives
- What's on elsewhere
What's on at The National Archives
If you are unable to visit The National Archives, most of our talks are available as podcasts.
You can also find information on events and talks we are involved in on our What's on elsewhere page.
You will need to pre-book our events, whether paid or unpaid.
We offer a range of document displays in our Keeper’s Gallery and other places on site, such as our reading rooms. These often tie in with other talks and events we run around anniversaries, as listed below.
Read our blog for more information on the displays in The Keeper's Gallery.
We also offer free highlights tours of the gallery twice a month - see our Keeper's Gallery page for more details.
- Thursday 5 November 2015 Tour of the Keeper's Gallery Free event
- Friday 6 November 2015 Using Discovery: Getting the most from our online catalogue Free event
- Tuesday 10 November 2015 For king and another country: Indian soldiers on the Western Front Free event
- Thursday 12 November 2015 Webinar - Medical technology and disability in the First World War Free event
- Saturday 14 November 2015 Nursing in the First World War: Sources and perspectives Paid event
- Saturday 14 November 2015 Webinar: What is an archive? Free event
- Tuesday 17 November 2015 Tea and testimony Free event
- Wednesday 18 November 2015 Writer of the Month: Mike Pitts: Digging for Richard III: How archaeology found the king Paid event
- Wednesday 18 November 2015 Tour of the Keeper's Gallery Free event
- Thursday 19 November 2015 Webinar: Beginner's guide to family history Free event
- 21 November 2015User forumFree event
- Tuesday 24 November 2015 Webinar: Using the 1939 Register: Recording the UK population before the war Free event
- Friday 27 November 2015 Catalogue Day Free event
- Saturday 28 November 2015 First World War: Caribbean family history day Free event
- Tuesday 1 December 2015 Worn out by war: Disabled soldiers and their pensions Free event
- Thursday 3 December 2015 Using Discovery: Getting the most from our online catalogue Free event
- Thursday 3 December 2015 Tour of the Keeper's Gallery Free event
- Thursday 3 December 2015 Blindness in Victorian Britain: A history of advocacy Free event
- Tuesday 8 December 2015 Using the 1939 Register: Recording the UK population before the war Free event
- Thursday 10 December 2015 Shell-Shocked Britain: Understanding the lasting trauma of the First World War Free event
- Wednesday 16 December 2015 Writer of the Month: Dominic Sandbrook: The Great British Dream Factory Paid event
- Wednesday 16 December 2015 Tour of the Keeper's Gallery Free event
Events for students
The education service runs workshops and events for school pupils and students, from key stage 1 through to undergraduates.
The postgraduate archival skills training (PAST) programme offers introduction days and document workshops to postgraduate students undertaking research using our collections.