|This extract comes from the register of baptisms and deaths created
by Samuel Blyth, who was a minister at the New Meeting House in Moor
Street in Birmingham. The New Meeting House congregation moved to
premises in Moor Street in the 1730s. Previously, from about 1690,
they are believed to have met in Deritend, at what was known as the
Lower Meeting House. They were therefore one of the earliest known
groups of nonconformist worshippers in the town.
Catalogue reference: RG 4/3633, f. 19 (4 March to 25 June 1756)