- Latest news and document releases
- News archive
- Document releases archive
- Free enewsletter
Explore Your Archive 2013 evaluation
14 April 2014
Explore Your Archive, the campaign to raise awareness of archives managed by the Archives and Records Association (ARA) UK and Ireland and The National Archives, had a very successful first year. Over 200 archives took part in the launch week during November 2013, organising an array of events, talks, exhibitions and tours.
To help us decide the shape of the 2014 campaign, the ARA and The National Archives asked Marc Pallascio, a Master's student at the University of York to undertake an independent evaluation of the campaign as part of his course in Public History. Marc spoke to many archivists who had taken part and ran a survey to find out whether the timing, brand and messages of the campaign had been a valuable tool for public engagement.
Archivists said they:
- liked the brand and wanted freedom to use it to promote your activities at any time of the year
- liked the timing - so, Explore Your Archive 2014 will take place from 10 November 2014
- liked the flexibility - so, Explore Your Archive 2014 will not have a prescribed theme
- wanted more in the toolkit - so the Explore Your Archive toolkit will be added to for 2014
You can read a read the full report below.
Explore Your Archive evaluation report (PDF, 1.05Mb)
This page contains PDF files. See plug-ins and file formats for help in accessing these file types.