- Latest news
- News archive
- Document releases in 2014
- Document releases archive
- Free enewsletter
Improvements to our website - coming soon
22 August 2013
We are making some changes to our website, which we hope will improve your experience of it. You will be able to see the first changes at the end of September, with more to come over the rest of the year and beyond. At the end of September you will see a new homepage, top level service pages (Records, Education, Archives sector and so on) and a refreshed blog.
What are we doing and why?
Your feedback and our research have given us a strong steer about how we could improve things for you. We have had consistent messages that you find our website difficult to navigate; that pages are cluttered; and that it doesn't work well on mobile devices.
You will notice the following changes:
- New design - almost a fifth of you access our website using a smartphone or tablet, and the current design (with the exception of a few pages - see our homepage above) does not work well on today's devices so we are starting afresh
- Menu and navigation - better labelling of content and a more useful menu will help you get into your content more quickly, whether you are researching your family history or finding out more about the professional services we offer
- Simpler and clearer page layout - starting with the homepage and top level service pages, we will improve the layout so that information on them better reflects what you want to do
What happens after September?
We will be rolling out these improvements across the rest of the website, and working on one section at a time - we will update you with more specific information closer to the time.
How can I get involved?
We need your involvement to make this work. Our changes are driven by your feedback, and our solutions must be tested by you before they are released. If you would like to get involved in testing or one of our research sessions, please sign up.
Sharing will require cookies. Show details