- Latest news
- News archive
- Latest document releases
- Document releases archive
- Free enewsletter
Seeking new delegates for the User Advisory Group
19 October 2012
We are currently seeking two new delegates to join the User Advisory Group.
The User Advisory Group was set up in early 2011 to provide an opportunity for users of The National Archives to get more involved in our planning and decision-making processes.
Delegates in the group represent different sections of our user community, not only their own interests. As well as attending meetings, each delegate has a responsibility to cascade information to members of their user community and gather feedback.
We are interested to hear from users who feel they could effectively represent one or more of the following user groups:
- online users
- local historians
- users of county/external archives
- undergraduate or postgraduate student users
Meetings are held at The National Archives in Kew four times a year, and delegates are expected to make every effort to attend (dates and times are published well in advance). In addition, prospective delegates are asked to commit to a minimum term of one year's service. Please see the User Advisory Group pages for further information on groups already represented and the current delegates.
How to submit an expression of interest
If you would like to express interest in representing one of the groups listed above, please either email or write to us at the address below with the following information:
- indicate in the subject line of your email or at the start of your letter that it is an expression of interest
- indicate which section(s) of the user community you would like to represent; if you list more than one, please rank them in order of preference
- check the list below of the sections of the user community which are already represented; if you feel that there is a group that we have not listed, and that you would like to represent, please specify this
- indicate why you feel that you would be suitable as a delegate (please write no more than 150 words)
- indicate your ideas and suggestions for how you would disseminate details of the group to the user community that you would be representing, and how you would gather feedback (please write no more than 150 words)
The delegates will be chosen based upon the information provided.
If you feel that there is a group that we have not listed, and that you would like to represent, please specify this in your expression of interest.
Please email your expression of interest to email@example.com or write to User Forum, PSDU, The National Archives, Kew, TW9 4DU.
The closing date for expressions of interest is 16 November 2012.
Please note, the application process has now closed.
Sharing will require cookies. Show details