- Latest news
- News archive
- Document releases in 2014
- Document releases archive
- Free enewsletter
Annual report and accounts 2011-12 published
28 June 2012
The ninth annual report and accounts for The National Archives was laid before Parliament on 28 June 2012 and is now available online. In our annual report we describe our performance over the past year and explain how we used the funds allocated to us.
During 2011-12 we took on sole responsibility for the leadership of the wider archives sector in England, taught more than 15,000 school students and delivered more than 600,000 original documents to our reading rooms - 98% within one hour of the request being made.
- reduced carbon emissions from our buildings by 14%
- won a UK Public Sector Digital Award for our groundbreaking legislation.gov.uk service
- collaborated on a new BSI specification for managing environmental conditions for archive, library and museum collections in the UK
- rolled out Discovery, our new catalogue, as the primary online tool for exploring our collections.
Read more in the full report:
Annual report and accounts 2011-12 (PDF, 2.43Mb)
This page contains PDF files. See plug-ins and file formats for help in accessing these file types.