- Latest news
- News archive
- Latest document releases
- Document releases archive
- Free enewsletter
Archives accreditation webinar - get involved
The archive sector is inviting archives and their users to help develop a UK Archives Accreditation Scheme, which will encourage and recognise excellence and development by certifying the achievement of best practice.
To kick-start this collaborative process, we are running a series of workshops across the country, including Edinburgh, York, London and Newtown, Wales. The workshops so far have proved to be stimulating and challenging and although these are now fully booked, you still have a chance to participate in the discussions by joining a webinar on ‘Creating Archives Accreditation’ – a condensed version of the workshop.
We encourage anyone who works in archives, governing bodies and decision-makers, funders, researchers and archives user groups to get involved in this process and build on the momentum of the workshops.
Join the webinar
The webinar will take place on 9 February, 10:00-12:00.
- introduce participants to the aims of the Archives Accreditation scheme
- outline the research and development undertaken so far
- test the proposed principles and processes using the knowledge and experience of the sector
- introduce the next steps process that will be used collaboratively to create the standard
To receive an invitation to the webinar please email email@example.com.
The introductory workshops are followed by the co-creation of the scheme through an online platform from February through to April. Further information on how to get involved will be shared once the platform is live.