New members appointed to the Advisory Council
The National Archives is pleased to announce that the Lord Chancellor and the Master of the Rolls have appointed the following members to the Advisory Council on National Records and Archives:
- Sarah Fahy, Global Head of Library Services, Know How and Training Department at Allen and Overy LLP. Ms Fahy has extensive commercial experience in the management of information and has worked in the legal and banking information industry for over 20 years.
- Stephen Hawker CB, an independent consultant following a long career in government service with extensive experience of handling and using information in the area of national security
The following new members have been appointed to the Forum on Historical Manuscripts and Academic Research:
- Dr Christopher Ridgway, Curator at Castle Howard. Member of the Board for the National Trust for Scotland and Adjunct Professor in the History Department at the National University of Ireland
- Dr Clive Cheesman, Chair of the Friends of The National Archives and Richmond Herald at the College of Arms
- Dr Ian Mortimer, historian and historical biographer, qualified archivist and Fellow of the Royal Historical Society
Their knowledge and expertise is a valuable addition to the Advisory Council and Forum, and we welcome the range of experience across information management and archival issues they bring to the continued work of both bodies.
Read more about the Advisory Council.