- Takedown and reclosure policy
- Record copying
- Booking events
- User participation
Crown copyright and our website
You may use and re-use Crown copyright information from this website (other than the Royal Arms and departmental or agency logos) free of charge in any format or medium, under the terms and conditions of the Open Government Licence, provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. Where any of the Crown copyright items on this website are being republished or copied to others, the source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.
See the Open Government Licence for the full conditions of this licence and for information on how to attribute the source of material.
The permissions above do not extend to:
- images downloaded from our Discovery service
- images on this site, which may only be reproduced with payment of a fee to the image library
- any material on this website which is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned
Further guidance on Crown copyright
- See our guidance on Crown copyright
- Read our guidance on licences for re-using public sector information
The National Archives encourages users to establish hypertext links to this site.