- Current vacancies
- Log in
- Student and work placements
- Benefits and rewards
- Diversity and equal opportunities
- Staff profiles
Diversity education bursary
The National Archives is offering two bursaries in 2014 to individuals who are passionate about embarking on a career in the archives sector. The bursaries will support candidates in gaining a qualification by providing financial support and helping to address the socio-economic barrier that exists for some who are considering entering into the archives sector. Due to an under-representation within the sector of people from Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and those with disabilities, we would particularly welcome applicants from these groups.
The scheme will provide financial support for a one year full-time professional preparation qualification (up to £10,000). This could be an MA or equivalent, including archives, records management, information management or humanities computing courses.
If you would like to apply for one of the bursaries, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You have been accepted onto a relevant one year full-time course in order to progress a career in the archives sector
- You have a demonstrable interest and/or experience in archives and records management
- You are a UK/EU resident student
- You require financial support to fund the cost of your course
- You meet the access criteria for an archives, records management, information management or humanities computing course and can supply proof of acceptance
To apply for a bursary, please submit a personal statement detailing how you meet the criteria, and demonstrating what you can bring to the sector. Applicants are required to have been accepted onto a course as a prerequisite.
Please send your CV and personal statement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 11 April 2014.
Interviews will take place the week commencing Monday 28 April 2014.
See our research newsletter below for more information on the bursary scheme and interviews with the 2012 recipients.
Research newsletter Winter 2013 (PDF, 1.84Mb)
This page contains PDF files. See plug-ins and file formats for help in accessing these file types.