- Current vacancies
- Log in
- Interns and students
- Benefits and rewards
- Diversity and equal opportunities
- Staff profiles
Benefits and rewards
The National Archives is part of the Civil Service and offers the many advantages of Civil Service employment, such as opportunities for flexible working and generous annual leave.
Because our staff are important to us, we offer the following:
- Training and career development
- Regular performance reviews
- Individual development plans
- Staff forums and green committee
It's not all about the work that you do - your health and wellbeing matters to us too. We run regular wellbeing initiatives and offer an Employee Assistance Programme and an eye care voucher scheme.
We also have a sports and social club, which is part of the wider Civil Service Sports and Social Club. Your subscriptions fund many activities including yoga, our on-site gym and shower facilities, and fun evenings like our popular quiz nights.
In addition to the above, we also offer a great range of benefits, outlined below.
- Choice of occupational defined benefit pension or stakeholder pension
- Minimum of 22 days annual leave - rising to 30 days after seven years' employment
- An additional 10.5 days of public and privilege holidays
Travelling to work
- Covered bicycle shed on-site
- Bicycle loans
- Interest-free annual season ticket loans
Discounts and subsidies
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Discount in The National Archives bookshop
- Childcare vouchers
- Free admission to many museum and gallery exhibitions, including the British Museum, the Imperial War Museum, Hampton Court, the National Gallery, the Natural History Museum and the Victoria & Albert Museum
- Free admission to Kew Gardens