Delivering Information Assurance Training is a ‘train the trainer’ workshop in which attendees will be introduced to a prepackaged training course which they can use to roll out training and awareness raising activities in their own organisations. The materials have been developed by The National Archives with support from National Cyber Security Centre, the Information Commissioners Office, the Centre for Protection of National Infrastructure and Cabinet Office. Topics covered include:
- Building a secure culture
- Preparing for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Cyber security
- Personnel security
- Information management
- Understanding information risk
Upon completing the course you will be given access to a range of training materials including:
- Slide deck with teaching notes
- Activity packs
- Handbook for trainees
- Trainer workbook with advice on running sessions
The materials are designed for flexibility and customisation, allowing you to tailor training to your own organisational needs.
The National Archives will continue to support you in providing training to your organisation. You will have access to an online network where you can download the latest updates to the material and contact both The National Archives and other trainers.
This course is only available to staff from central government departments and their arms-length bodies.
We are currently reviewing our training offering for 2018. We expect to be able to confirm availability of courses shortly. If you would like to express an interest in this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivering IA Training Webinar
We also run the Delivering IA Training course as a webinar session for those who are unable to make it to one of our face to face sessions. These three hour workshops will introduce you to the same topics as our standard workshop and attendees will have access to all the same materials and support upon completion. Making it even easier to start using our materials as part of your internal training programmes.
Please note that the webinar version of Delivering IA Training is not certified by GCHQ.
To be advised.
- Records Management Foundation Course: Appraisal, Selection and Transfer
- Introduction to Information Management
- Records Management Masterclass: Appraisal and Selection
- Records Management Masterclass: Cataloguing and File Preparation
- Digital continuity training
- Digital transfer training
- Management Board briefings
- Responsible for Information – for SMEs
- Implementing the 20-year rule – transferring to places of deposit