- Appraisal course
- Cataloguing course
- Introduction to the Public Records System
- Information Assurance training
Introduction to the Public Records System
This one-day course is for staff from government departments and public record bodies who are involved in the appraisal, management and processing of all government information. The aim is to provide a framework on which to build the knowledge, expertise and skills necessary to perform all the functions associated with the management of public records.
What the course covers
- The role of The National Archives and the way it works with government to promote good information management and ensure that information of historical value is preserved for the future
- A brief introduction to the legal framework
- A tour of the Archives' reading rooms and repositories
New dates to be announced
One day (10:00 - 15:15)
The course is free of charge. Tea and coffee will be provided, but not lunch. Attendees are welcome to use The National Archives' restaurant.
To reserve a place on the course, please complete the online booking form.