- Are you confident that your current IT and information management infrastructure will enable you to access and use your business critical information in the way that you need for as long as you need?
- Are you going through changes to your organisation, technical environment, policies or processes?
- Are you confident that you’ll still be able to find, open, trust, work with and understand business critical information afterwards?
The National Archives runs training on how to manage digital continuity within your organisation. This one-day course looks at how to manage your digital information so that it remains usable in the future. Workshops based on real life scenarios will help you to identify the potential risks to your information and show you how to avoid these. It is particularly useful for those working in information and records management, IT, information assurance and change management.
When and where
We are holding digital continuity training on the following dates in 2017. To reserve a place on one of these courses, please complete our online form. Please note we are only able to offer places to those within the public sector.
6 April 2017
6 July 2017
7 December 2017
These courses last one day (10:30-16:30) and take place at the National Archives, Kew.
These courses are free of charge.
You can download the course presentation, as well as factsheets and posters about digital continuity, below.
- Digital continuity training presentation (PPT, 25.61MB)
- Training day notes (PDF, 0.23MB)
- Digital continuity factsheets (ZIP, 0.78MB)
- Digital continuity posters (ZIP, 2.21MB)
Read our guidance to find out more about digital continuity.
Feedback so far…
Just some of the feedback from our first training sessions:
I couldn’t fault this course – it was excellent with real practical application. I feel inspired! Many thanks to all leaders and facilitators.
Loved it, thank you. Good example of ‘actively’ sharing knowledge and best practice, and learning something new. Would definitely recommend to others.
One of the best training sessions I’ve ever attended, really useful and engaging, I definitely feel better informed.
- Records Management Foundation Course: Appraisal, Selection and Transfer
- Introduction to Information Management
- Records Management Masterclass: Appraisal and Selection
- Records Management Masterclass: Cataloguing and File Preparation
- Digital transfer training
- Delivering Information Assurance training
- Management Board briefings
- Responsible for Information – for SMEs
- Implementing the 20-year rule – transferring to places of deposit