We offer a one-day appraisal and selection course for staff from government departments and public record bodies that transfer records to The National Archives. It is suitable for, and specifically aimed at, those staff currently undertaking the appraisal (review) and selection of paper and digital records for preservation at The National Archives. This course is not intended for contractors, suppliers or members of the public.
The course covers both digital and paper records appraisal.
What this course covers
- Basic principles of appraisal and selection
- Determining the value of your information
- Making paper appraisal more efficient
- Addressing the challenges of digital appraisal
- Practical exercises utilising published advice and guidance
26 May 2016
6 October 2016
Courses are free of charge.
The National Archives, Kew.
Applications to attend this course should be submitted by the Departmental Record Officer for your organisation.
If you would like to reserve a place on this course, please can you ask your Departmental Record Officer to email this request to email@example.com