- Appraisal and selection masterclass
- Cataloguing and preparation masterclass
- Selection and transfer process foundation course
- Information Assurance and Cyber Security training
- Digital continuity training
Appraisal and selection masterclass
We offer a one-day appraisal and selection course for staff from government departments and public record bodies which transfer records to The National Archives. It is suitable for, and specifically aimed at, those staff currently undertaking the appraisal (review) and selection of paper and digital records for preservation at The National Archives. This course is not intended for contractors, suppliers or members of the public.
The course covers both electronic and paper records appraisal.
What this course covers
- What is appraisal?
- Addressing the challenges of digital appraisal - what to keep
- Determining the value of your information
- Making paper appraisal more efficient
- Specific advice to participants issues and needs
9 October 2014
Courses are free of charge. Tea and coffee will be provided, but not lunch. Attendees are welcome to use The National Archives' restaurant.
The National Archives, Kew.
Applications to attend this course should be submitted by the Departmental Record Officer for your organisation.
If you would like to reserve a place on this course, please can you ask your Departmental Record Officer to email this request to: firstname.lastname@example.org