- Friends of The National Archives
- Free enewsletter
- Social media
- Have your say
User Advisory Group
The User Advisory Group provides an opportunity for users of The National Archives to get involved in the organisation's planning and decision-making processes at an earlier stage and a more strategic level than ever before. It offers enthusiastic and committed representatives, or delegates, a unique opportunity to represent the needs and views of users in discussions about The National Archives' current services and future plans.
Please see the Delegates page for further information on current delegates and how to contact them.
Delegates in the group represent different sections of our user community, not only their own interests. As well as attending meetings of the group itself, each delegate has a responsibility to cascade the details of the User Advisory Group meetings to members of their user community and gather feedback from them. You can find further details in the terms of reference below.
Seeking new equality and diversity representatives
We are currently seeking new delegates for the UAG - in particular, from people whose access needs or ethnic origins are currently under represented. If you would like to express interest, please follow the steps below.
How to submit your expression of interest
Please either email or write to us at the address below with the following information:
- indicate in the subject line of your email or at the start of your letter that it is an expression of interest
- indicate which section(s) of the user community you would like to represent (see the current delegates list for examples); if you list more than one, please rank them in order of preference
- check the list of the sections of the user community which are already represented; if you feel that there is a group that we have not listed, and that you would like to represent, please specify this
- indicate why you feel that you would be suitable as a delegate (please write no more than 150 words)
- indicate your ideas and suggestions for how you would disseminate details of the group to the user community that you would be representing, and how you would gather feedback (please write no more than 150 words)
The delegates will be chosen based upon the information provided.
If there is a particular group you would like to represent, please specify this in your expression of interest.
Please email your expression of interest to email@example.com or write to the User Advisory Group, PSDU, The National Archives, Kew, TW9 4DU.
The closing date for expressions of interest from equality and diversity representatives is 29 August 2014.
We will be seeking new representatives to fill other UAG vacancies arising in October 2014 - please keep an eye on our website for more information.
Dates of meetings
Meetings are held at The National Archives in Kew four times a year. Dates of forthcoming meetings are:
- Tuesday 16 September 2014, 12:00-14:30
- Tuesday 16 December 2014, 12:00-14:30
Terms of Reference (PDF, 0.07Mb)
This page contains PDF files. See plug-ins and file formats for help in accessing these file types.