- Making a Freedom of Information request
- About Freedom of Information
- Environmental information regulations
- Our publication scheme
- Information requests
Amount spent on locks and keys in the past five years
FOI request reference: F0029891
1) How much has been spent on keys between 2006-2011?
2) How much has been spent on locks between 2006-2011?
3) How many keys have been issued between 2006-2011?
4) How many keys have been reported as lost between 2006-2011?
5) How many keys have been reported as stolen between 2006-2011?
6) How much has reissuing keys cost the department between 2006-2011?
7) How much has changing locks as a result of loss/stolen keys cost the department between 2006-2011?
FY 2007/08 £129.71
FY 2008/09 £410.56
FY 2009/10 £1,390.00
FY 2010/11 £696.65
FY 2011/12 0
As The National Archives is a public building, the total figure includes £1,053.40 for replacement keys for public lockers. The remaining keys are duplicates and/or replacement keys for staff personal desk pedestals.
FY 2007/08 £246.75
FY 2008/09 £56.74
FY 2009/10 0
FY 2010/11 0
FY 2011/12 0
3) This information has not been recorded as the only keys that are issued to staff are for personal lockers and desk furniture.
4) This information has not been recorded as The National Archives uses an access control system. Remaining official keys are signed out when staff are on site and handed back in at the end of the working day which has reduced key loss to a minimum.
5) This information has not been recorded.
6 and 7) Labour costs are included in the figures for questions one and two.