What was the role of Special Operations Executive and what kind of people worked for it?
3rd September 1943
OBJECTS AND METHODS OF IRREGULAR WARFARE
Sporadic risings are useless. Necessity to co-ordinate where possible has produced tabulation [setting out clearly] of United Nations' [Britain, USA and their allies] fundamental objectives in the waging of Irregular Warfare:
- To undermine enemy's morale and that of his collaborators.
- To raise morale of Occupied Territories.
- To damage enemy's material.
- To improve and augment our own material.
E.g. By infiltration of weapons, explosives, sabotage equipment.
- To damage enemy's manpower and communications.
- To improve our own manpower and communications.
E.g. By infiltration of organisers, radio sets and operators, etc.