This lesson sequence for year 8 students was written by Sarah Murphy from Hayes School in Bromley.
Overall enquiry question
How powerful were slaves?
- explain how slaves were powerful in some ways even though they were slaves
- use documents to support statements
Lesson plans (PDF, 0.06Mb)
Powerpoints and documents (ZIP, 8.73Mb)
Rationale for lesson plans (PDF, 0.05Mb)
Contextual essay (PDF, 0.01Mb)
- Witnessing the African slave trade
- What does a slave rebellion look like?
- Was 1807 really the end of the slave trade?
- Remembering victims of the slave trade
- Lick and lock up done wid
- How proud can Britain be?
- How important were Africans to the Atlantic slave trade?
- Childhood slavery in North Africa
- 3 doors into 33,000 voyages