How far can Mary I’s reign be considered a time of crisis?
In this exciting session, students work with original Tudor State Papers and consider what is meant by the term ‘crisis’. How far can this notion be measured during Mary’s reign? This session can be combined with a visit to Hampton Court Palace, where students take on the role of Mary’s councillors and put their concerns to the Queen in person. Please note this because this is a combined session with Hampton Court Palace, a fee is payable.
Connections to the curriculum:
- AQA: GCE History, Unit 1C: The Tudors: England, 1485-1603
- OCR: GCE History A, Unit Y107, British Period Study: England 1547-1603: the Later Tudors
- OCR: GCE History A, Unit Y106, Enquiry Topic: Mid Tudor Crises 1547-1558
Available as: On site workshop. Find out more about the types of session we offer.
This session is delivered as a:
- 12 October 2018 (sold out)
- 8 November 2018 (sold out)
- 23 November 2018 (sold out)
- 22 March 2019
Cost: £11.35 per student (minimum £148) for the afternoon session at Hampton Court Palace
Duration: 2 hour workshop + 45 minute tour and 45 minute actor-led session at the Palace
Suitability: Key stage 5Book this session through the Hampton Court website
All activities must be booked in advance.
Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 5365
Fax: +44 (0)20 8487 9202