Trimdon Colliery circa 1900 (Durham Records Office D/Ph40/3)
3. Look at Source 3 a, b and c. Look at all of the photos. Can you match the photographs to the correct place on the map?
- Describe the houses in Rose Street
- What piece of clothing did most girls seem to wear?
- What seems to be the main form of transport?
- What type of street is Commercial Street? Hint: The clue is in the name of the street
- In what ways is Commercial Street different from a high street today?
- Do you think that the people who lived in Rose Street were better or worse off than those who lived in Commercial Street? Explain how you made up your mind