Queen Victoria and Family 1898 (COPY 1/438/728)
1. Source 1 is a photograph of Queen Victoria and her family.
- Can you find:
- Queen Victoria
- Prince Edward, Victoria’s oldest son
- Princess Beatrice, Victoria’s youngest daughter
- a bust of Prince Albert, Victoria’s husband
- Why was the photograph taken? Hint: what kind of clothes is the woman standing on the left wearing?
- Prince Edward and his wife Alexandra are the only two people looking at the camera. What do the others seem to be looking at?
- Why is there a bust of Prince Albert in the photo?
- Explain why no one is smiling
- Queen Victoria wanted to give whoever saw this photo a message. Can you work out what that message was?