A Colliery Explosion: Volunteers to the Rescue 1882 (ZPER 34/80)
1. Look at Source 1. Look at the picture and answer the questions below:
- Describe what you can see in the picture
- What do you think has happened?
- How could you work when this picture was set if you did not know the date?
- Choose a person in the picture. Describe events from their point of view. How are they feeling and why? What can they hear and see around them?
- Choose another person in the picture. What questions would you ask them about the events that have taken place?