Donald Cambell’s Employment Sheet (WO 363/C)
Rank at date of assessment
|*Millitary character||Cases if drunkenness on duty||Ordinary cases of drunkenness||Nature of employment since last assessment||Character from civil employment point of view during period|
|Private||V.G.||--||3||Duty||An intelligent and hard working man. He has a telegraphy certificate||16.12.13
|Pte||V.G.||--||--||Duty||Intelligent, reliable, hard-working||26/6/14|
4. Look at Source 5. This is Donald Campbell’s employment sheet:
- What do you think the initials in the ‘military character’ column stand for?
- How is Campbell described in December 1913?
- How is he described six months later?
- What evidence is there in this source to show that his behaviour changed between 1913 and 1914?