Donald Campbells Squadron, Troop, Battery and Company Conduct Sheet page 2 (WO 363/C)
|22.5.13||Pte||Drunk in Barracks about 8.30 pm||Serj Richardson|
L Serj Bauchope
|Fined 2/6||23/5/13||Capt. Tanner|
|28.5.13||"||Breaking out of Barracks about 9.45pm improperly dressed & remaining absent until found in Barracks about 10.30pm||L.Cpl. Walker|
|7 days C(onfined to) B(arracks)||25/5/13||Maj. Dyson|
17th June 1913 }Verified
COMDG 'A' COY DEPOT
THE ROYAL SCOTS
Drunk in barrack about 8.45pm
|Cr. Sgt Watering|
|Fined 7/6||6.11.13||Capt. Price|
|4th July||"||drunk when on military duty at Mount Wise about 2.15pm||Corpl Ward MFP|
Pte Power GMP
Corpl Knox R S Regt
|Fined 5/-||6th July||Major Abell|
3. Read Source 2, 3 and 4. These records show Donald Campbell’s charges.
- How old was Private Campbell by 1913?
- What was Private Campbell found guilty of in Glencorse on 15 January 1913?
- Using information from all three extracts, what offences was Campbell found guilty of throughout his military career?
- In your opinion, how serious were these offences?