‘Hitler in distress’ by Richard Ziegler c.1944 (INF 3/1298)
3. Look at source 3. This is a drawing of Adolf Hitler by Richard Ziegler in about 1944.
- What impression of Hitler does the picture give you?
- How has the artist created this impression?
- The government paid the artist to produce this picture. What instructions do you think the artist was given by the government?
- Can the picture be considered as reliable evidence of what Hitler was like?
- Given the date of the picture, how accurate do you think it is at displaying how Hitler would have been acting? Why do you think this?