Photograph of workers in a factory 1903 (COPY 1/501)« Return to 1833 Factory Act
- What kind of factory is the boy working in?
- How old do you think he is?
- Write a list of all the dangers you can see in the factory and what you think could be done to improve them
- This photograph is from 1903, 70 years after the first Factory Act. Explain whether you think work in the factory had improved for child workers by this time
- Is the illustration at the top of this page and this photograph reliable evidence of working conditions in a factory? Give reasons for your answer