- What reasons does Truman give for atomic bombing Japan?
- Why does Truman say that Hiroshima was a military base chosen as a target to limit civilian casualties?
- Do you think Truman is being sincere when he says that the decision to use the bomb was not taken lightly?
- The same day Truman gave this speech, a second different type of atomic bomb (made with plutonium) was dropped on Nagasaki. What reasons might there have been for bombing Nagasaki?
- These are words that Truman really spoke. Does this mean that this is a reliable piece of evidence for a historian?