Study this source carefully. It contains information that could be helpful in deciding why it was so hard to make peace. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- In extract 2a, what is Lloyd George most concerned about?
- What is the warning being made in extract 2b?
- Is extract 2b arguing for a peace that does not punish Germany at all?
- What is the author's main concern in extract 2c?
- According to the author, what is the best way to avoid the dangers outlined in extracts 2a-c?
- Do you think the Germans, French and Americans would support these views?