Study this source carefully. It contains information that could be useful in your presentation. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- Study source 4a. What events are described in sections 1-2?
- Look at source 4a, section 4. Why do you think soldiers kept dogs and why is this being banned?
- What does section 6 of source 4a suggest about relations between officers and men?
- Look at source 4b. Do orders 1-4 seem reasonable or unreasonable? Do you think the soldiers would accept them?
- Would they feel the same way about orders 5-6?
- Study source 4b, order 8. What does this suggest about relations between officers and men?
- Will you use one of these sources in your presentation?