Study this source carefully. It contains information that could be useful in your presentation on life in the trenches. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- What words and phrases are used most commonly in this source?
- What does this suggest about life for the soldiers in and around the front line?
- What were the worst experiences this regiment suffered in November 1915?
- Were these troops in the firing line at all times?
- Which aspects of trench warfare does this source provide information on?
- How could this source be used in your final presentation?