Study this source carefully. It contains information that could be useful in your presentation on life in the trenches. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- What does this tell you about Wilfred Owen as a soldier?
- Does this suggest that Owen's approach to soldiering changed in any way between 1917 and 1918?
- Read the useful notes on this source. In what ways was Owen a typical British soldier and in what ways was he unusual?
- Which aspects of trench warfare does this source provide information on?
- How could this source be used in your final presentation?