Study this source carefully. It contains information that could be useful in your presentation on life in the trenches. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- This painting does not show a particular scene from a particular battle. Is it still useful as a source for historians?
- According to this painting, how has the battle affected the soldiers?
- How has the battle affected the landscape?
- Which aspects of trench warfare does this source provide information on?
- How could this source be used in your final presentation?