Study this source carefully. It contains information that could be useful in your presentation on life in the trenches. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- What does each source tell you about new developments in technology and weapons during the war?
- Do these sources suggest weapons became more powerful? Is this impression reliable based on just two pictures?
- Can you work out from source 1c how the smoke bomb worked?
- What do you think smoke bombs were used for?
- What were the main purposes of the guns in sources 1a-b?
- Which aspects of trench warfare do these sources provide information on?
- How could any of these sources be used in your final presentation?