Study this source carefully. There are details in this source that will help you to answer the key question. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- Who first used the phrase 'Scrap of Paper'?
- Why did it not give a good impression in the USA?
- According to the Chancellor, how was the phrase misunderstood?
- Why did this misunderstanding happen?
- According to this document, what forced Germany to march through Belgium?
- When the Liberals introduced their welfare reforms
- What accusations does the German Chancellor make about Britain and Belgium?
- According to this document, was Britain concerned about the best interests of Belgium?