Study this source carefully. There are details in this source that will help you to answer the key question. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- What is Germany promising to Britain?
- How does the German ambassador try to convince Britain that his assurances can be believed?
- According to the message, why have the Germans invaded Belgium?
- According to the message, was the German information about the French plans reliable?
- Does this source give any clues about how the Germans thought the British would react to the invasion of Belgium?