Study this source carefully. There are details in this source that will help you to answer the key question. As you study the source, ask yourself:
- Why was the Foreign Secretary unhappy?
- According to the telegram, how did people in Britain feel about Belgium?
- Is it possible to tell from this source why people felt this way?
- What did the Germans want from the British?
- How did the British respond?
- When the Liberals introduced their welfare reforms
- According to the telegram, how important was public opinion in Britain?